[Peace-discuss] clarification: Rodney Davis is still "leaning no."

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Tue Sep 10 20:54:17 UTC 2013

In the WICD clip I sent around, the reporter says at the end something
along the lines of: "Rep. Davis told us he is not supporting military
force."

This may have given some people the impression that Davis had firmly
committed to a no vote.

He hasn't committed to a no vote, unfortunately. That ABC report was a
little misleading in that regard. I just called his office in DC, they said
he is still "leaning no."

However, this is a good sign:

Davis: Briefing didn’t change mind on Syria
http://www.sj-r.com/breaking/x1367239663/Davis-Briefing-didn-t-change-mind-on-Syria

Here's the full list of clips from the vigil:

WCIA-TV (with video): Former lawmaker joins anti-war vigil

--
Robert Naiman
Policy Director
naiman at justforeignpolicy.org