[Peace-discuss] [Peace] used on AWARE on the Air Fwd: "pro-Israel" response to Israel Apartheid Week

ya'aQov yaaqovz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 14:47:20 EDT 2014

Karen, Noah/ISSI, Ahmad Hamdan/SJP, All,

Whether or not IAW misinforms, the wall was built and we live with the
repercussions of its aftermath.
We are all members of an academic community;  SJP and ISSI members
will leave campus at some time.  Until then, we hare have a chance to
learn with them new tools for analyzing Israel/Palestine, beyond
standardized propaganda propagated by leaders (Israeli & Palestinian)
who do not represent us.  Perhaps we can do better of following
marching orders of leaders who represent themselves, not us.

Noah, the best you can do as a Jew pro-Israel, is to replicate what
you think marching orders from Jerusalem are?
Ahmad, the best you can do as a Palestinian, is to replicate what you
think marching orders from Ramallah/Gaza are?

Are WE asking the right questions? are we developing an independent
mindset for ourselves? are we doing the needed research?

We are privy to have in our community people like Robert Naiman,
Niloofar Shambayati, Karen Medina and many more, genuinely invested in
promoting new ways of acting on behalf of these very issues.

I have become hopeful SJP, perhaps with ISSI, will find an agenda of
discussions, making use of C-U resources, and invite us to partake.
We DO have a chance to develop here a blueprint for a new analysis,
perhaps even a collaboration.

Ya'aqov