[Peace-discuss] Pathology on peace-discuss

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 21:17:25 EDT 2014

I have always considered the movement against the Holocaust denial movement, such as it is (and it's not much in effectual terms), to be one of displacement, denial, distraction, and diversion from the sins of USFP and its surrogate Israel. It's because of both sides of this equation that I find this discussion unproductive if symptomatic of the PEP (progressive except for Palestine) persuasion. Nobody is obligated to denounce speech that has little or no effect, especially in contrast to what is actually being done by our government. Certainly nobody should be harassed, shamed, or bullied into denouncing such speech by those who are apologists for racist policies. U.S. and Israeli crimes and murder are ongoing, daily. We should be talking about how to bring and end to them. Others would rather change the subject than come to a deeper understanding of how our world actually works. This is where politics joins with abnormal psychology. David Gehrig and
 I had this conversation almost a decade ago, and nothing has changed, except that the situation in areas under U.S./Israeli control only gets worse. As recently as 2009, Gehrig was passing along malicious propaganda in denial of Rachel Corrie's first degree murder. I called him on that, and he hasn't said a word about it since. Ya'aQov seems to have a particular obsession with me. I have come feel that it is abusive, bullying, perhaps psychopathic, and more than a little scary. I truly worry for his mental health, and the consequences of his delusional thought processes for others.

DG