[Peace-discuss] Fw: Amnesty International: Chelsea must be released

Jenifer Cartwright via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Sun Aug 3 18:39:05 EDT 2014

Worth yr attention.
 --Jenifer/Mom

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Chelsea Manning Support Network <contact-bmsn at chelseamanning.org>
To: jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sent: Saturday, August 2, 2014 2:02 PM
Subject: Amnesty International: Chelsea must be released

     AMNESTY demands US govt free Manning
Amnesty renews call on govt to grant Manning clemency Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your
browser.

Amnesty International: Chelsea must be released
On July 30th, one of the world’s most important
human rights organizations, Amnesty International condemned
the US government’s blatant over-prosecution and hypocrisy in its handling of
Chelsea Manning’s case:
"The US government must grant Chelsea Manning clemency, order her immediate
release, and implement a thorough and impartial investigation into the crimes
she uncovered.
After being convicted of 20 separate charges Chelsea Manning was sentenced
to 35 years in prison, much longer than other members of the military convicted
of charges such as murder, rape and war crimes.
Before her conviction, Chelsea Manning had already been held for three years
in pre-trial detention, including 11 months in conditions which theUN Special
Rapporteur on Torture described as cruel and inhumane…"
Read Amnesty International's complete statement!
________________________________

The United States vs Pvt Chelsea Manning:
A graphic account from inside the courtroom
Yours with a donation of $100!
By CLARK STOECKLEY
Preface by JULIAN ASSANGE
Published by OR Books
Drawing and writing in real time from inside the courtroom,
artist and WikiLeaks activist Clark Stoeckley documented the court martial of Chelsea Manning in his book, The United States
vs. Pvt Chelsea Manning.
Stoeckley’s graphic account features sketches paired with transcipts of the proceedings.
 The United Stated vs Pvt Chelsea Manning
YOURS with a donation of $100 or more!

________________________________

With your support, Manning's legal appeals can help preserve democracy
In his recent statement, Daniel Ellsberg explains the significance of Chelsea Manning's upcoming legal appeals and how you can help:
"I have been waiting forty years for a legal process to at long last prove the unconstitutionality of the Espionage Act as applied to
whistle-blowers (the Supreme Court has never yet addressed this issue).
This appeals process can accomplish that, and it can reduce Chelsea’s
sentence by decades. But unfortunately, without your help today it will
not happen."
In the last month, we've raised $43,000 of our $100,000 goal!
We need to raise $57,000 by September 1st to ensure
that Chelsea’s team have the resources to fully fight this stage of the
appeals process.
Read Daniel Ellsberg's Appeal!

follow on
Twitter | friend on Facebook | forward