[Peace-discuss] Last night, the people of Ferguson, Missouri were getting tweets from Gaza residents with information on how to deal with tear gas.

David Johnson via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Thu Aug 14 09:18:35 EDT 2014

    New post on *Fred Klonsky*

<http://preaprez.wordpress.com/author/preaprez/>

    Gaza, MO. <http://preaprez.wordpress.com/2014/08/14/gaza-mo/>

by Fred Klonsky <http://preaprez.wordpress.com/author/preaprez/>

Screen Shot 2014-08-14 at 7.16.36 AM
<https://preaprez.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/screen-shot-2014-08-14-at-7-16-36-am.png>

/Michael Brown's mother, Mrs. Lesley McSpadden./

Last night, the people of Ferguson, Missouri were getting tweets from
Gaza residents with information on how to deal with tear gas.

Watching the images coming from the St. Louis suburb it was hard to tell
the difference between the two occupations.

How does a small suburban town get all this military equipment?

Why do they have tanks and machine guns at the ready? They own this
stuff. This junk isn't to fight crime. It's to put down civilian protests.

There is no other use for it.

There is no need to ask if the police in Glencoe or Barrington
have tanks and machine guns.

But Ferguson, Missouri - a suburban community with a large
African-American population but an almost totally white police force - does.

"We ask that any groups wishing to assemble in prayer or in protest do
so only during daylight hours in an organized and respectful manner,"
said the police chief.

He wanted to save the night time for their work.

Arresting any reporter or citizen who dared to video or photograph it.

The pictures and stories come out of occupied Ferguson anyway.

We live in a country where the chant has gone from, "Yes we can," to
"Don't shoot me."