[Peace-discuss] FW: Investigative Report: Pouring Poison into the Internet

Karen Aram via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Wed Aug 20 17:05:44 EDT 2014

                    Home | Donate

Dear Common Dreamer,

I wanted to share with you a news release that we sent out this morning.

Common Dreams has just published an article on our investigation into a case of massive manipulation of the comments under our articles.

I hope you can take the time to read "The Double Identity of an "Anti-Semitic" Commenter."

Thanks for your support,

Craig Brown

for the whole Common Dreams team

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

August 20, 2014

10:30 am EDT

NEWS RELEASE
The Double Identity of an "Anti-Semitic" Commenter:

Smearing a Progressive Website to Support Israel

A Common Dreams investigation has discovered that more than a thousand inflammatory anti-Semitic comments following its news stories over the past two years were written with a deceptive purpose by a Jewish Harvard graduate in his thirties irritated by the website's discussion of issues involving Israel.

This commenter successfully drove away hundreds of donors from Common Dreams, a nonprofit dependent on reader generosity.

He  also posted 1,400 times as a black, pro-white anti-Semite on the white-supremacist  website Vanguard News Network, where he encouraged the malevolence of  the neo-Nazi Frazier Glenn Miller, who is accused of killing three  people in Kansas he believed were Jews.

The article has just been posted at: http://www.commondreams.org/hambaconeggs

CONTACT:

Lance Tapley

Investigative Reporter for Common Dreams

lance.tapley at gmail.com

                     Find us on Facebook

                    Follow us on Twitter

                    Breaking News & Views for the Progressive Community.

                    Independent, non-profit newscenter since 1997.

                    Our Mission: To inform. To  inspire. To ignite change for the common good.

                    www.commondreams.org

                    You are subscribed to the Common Dreams Daily Newsletter as karenaram at hotmail.com.

                    Click here to unsubscribe from the Daily Newsletter.

                    Click here to manage your profile.