[Peace-discuss] Patrick Cockburn in Tom Dispatch

Carl G. Estabrook via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Thu Aug 21 21:05:16 EDT 2014

Pepe Escobar to roughly the same effect:

"...a new beginning in the never-ending Global War on Terror. Now starring Papa Saud's brand new bag - The Caliph and his goons. This is the way Shock and Awe morphs into 'Assad must go' morphs into Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, morphs into The Caliph's Black Britannia goon responding to 'humanitarian' bombing.

"...And why did Islamic State, formerly ISIS, become winners? Because the 'West' regimented, schooled, trained, logistically helped and weaponized most of IS's Takfiri goons..."

"...IS is essentially a revival of 'pure' Wahhabism; not only that IS comes from outside the House of Saud's dominions - in Iraq and the Levant - but tries hard to shatter the monarchy's legitimacy.

"The House of Saud's counterpunch to the Arab Spring was (and remains) all about destroying or at least isolating the Muslim Brotherhood as an alternative Islamic rule/role model. Yet now comes IS - brimming with religious justification (however warped); military know-how; and an army of true - and well paid - believers.

"...No staged/not staged beheading could possibly top the ultimate blowback: the 'West' nurturing the Beast who would slouch towards Mecca to finally behead the House of Saud..."

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/MID-01-210814.html