[Peace-discuss] hypocracy and when it is actually to the point

C. G. Estabrook via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Tue Aug 26 21:52:31 EDT 2014

"Hypocracy" is an interesting coinage, from the Greek hypo = under/deficient (cf. Latin sub) and -cracy (as in democracy, people-rule) = power/rule.

Thus hypocracy would mean deficient or inadequate rule, government, or administration.

Hypocrisy, meaning pretending to have virtues which one does not actually have, is from the Greek for "stage acting, pretending." (Again hypo = under/deficient + krínō = deciding.)

Ms. Wise' wisdom on protecting students by forcing a departure (salida) for Salaita [sic] is at best deficient administration; at worst, pretending.

As my shrink friends say, "Protection is often a racket."