[Peace-discuss] AMMONS vs. ROSENBERG Debate Results

David Johnson davidjohnson1451 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 6 03:24:27 UTC 2014

I just returned from the Ammons vs. Rosenberg debate, for the   Illinois 103rd State Rep Democratic Primary race.

The major differences between the two candidates were ;

Rosenberg SUPPORTS cutting corporate taxes and OPPOSES the $ 15.00 per hour minimum wage.

Carol Ammons in contrast OPPOSES cutting corporate taxes and SUPPORTS the  $ 15.00 per hour minimum wage.

Rosenberg also stated that Carol Ammons experience in local government on the County Board and the Urbana City Council does NOT make her more qualified than him in terms of experience.
He stated that ;
 " Springfield is a different BEAST than local government and I am more qualified to deal with that."

The difference could not be any clearer to me.

What was also interesting was that I submitted TWO questions for the candidates, first via e-mail several days before the debate and early on at the debate.
Neither question was asked !

The questions were ;

1) Would you be willing to co-sponsor the current House Bill to enact a universal health care system in Illinois ( H.B. 942 ).

and

2) Would you co-sponsor House Bill H.B. 3754 that would dissolve the Illinois Charter School Commision

I wonder why the Moderators avoided asking these questions ?

David Johnson