[Peace-discuss] 'Nixon was more liberal,' Obama says

David Johnson davidjohnson1451 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 11 03:36:04 UTC 2014

President Obama said in an interview airing Monday he was "probably not" the most liberal American president, arguing that "in a lot of ways," even Richard Nixon was farther to the left.

"The truth of the matter is, when you look at some of my policies, in a lot of ways Richard Nixon was more liberal than I was," Obama told Fox News's Bill O'Reilly. "Started the EPA, you know, started a whole lot of the regulatory state that has made our air and water clean."

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/197334-obama-nixon-was-more-liberal#ixzz2sysWFm1L
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook