[Peace-discuss] FW: Today is The Day We Fight Back against mass surveillance, and we need your help.

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 11 16:03:19 UTC 2014

Action worth taking, today......

									Stand Up, Fight Back.

									Join us in demanding an end to mass surveillance! Call or email your elected official now.

					Today is The Day We Fight Back against mass surveillance, and we want you to be a part of it. Click here to help fight for fundamental privacy rights by participating in this this day of action.

					We live in a democracy -- governed by the rule of law and founded upon a Constitution that affords us critical rights. But mass surveillance programs run by the NSA have undermined our privacy and civil rights, chilling free speech, hiding their activities, and subverting the very core of our democratic institutions.

					Today, this February 11th, more than 6,000 major websites and organizations are joining together to demand an end to mass surveillance. We're calling it, simply, The Day We Fight Back -- and we need your voice to make today as big as possible.

					Visit TheDayWeFightBack.org to learn how you can call or email your representatives in Congress and urge them to put an end to unchecked government spying.

					Internet users and businesses are mobilizing to send Congress a clear message:

							Pass the USA FREEDOM Act to put an end to bulk collection of Americans' phone records, and institute other key reforms.

							Vote down the FISA Improvements Act, which would entrench -- and potentially expand -- government spying.

							Expand privacy protections for non-Americans.

							Stop the NSA from weakening encryption and other data security standards.

					Be part of the movement to keep the internet safe, open, and awesome. Join us in Fighting Back.

					And while you're there, grab an image to share on social media. Tweet your action and ask for support. Install the Day We Fight Back banner on your site, asking your visitors to take action too.

					Today we need your help to protect the internet we know and love. Join us in making February 11th all that it can be.

					For the right to privacy,

					Jamila Brown

					Digital Engagement Manager

					Access

	Access defends and extends the digital rights of users at risk around the world. By combining tech-driven policy, user engagement, and direct technical support, we fight for open and secure communications for all. To help protect the internet around the world, you can donate to Access. To reply, please email info at accessnow.org. To unsubscribe, go to: https://www.accessnow.org/unsubscribe