[Peace-discuss] The DEA Struck A Deal With Mexico's Most Notorious Drug Cartel

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Tue Jan 14 07:11:41 UTC 2014

This history makes it clear that the War on Drugs should be ended, not expanded. The only way to frustrate the drug dealers (and the DEA) is decriminalization.

Addiction should be treated as a public health problem, not a legal problem (like tobacco). Crime associated with alcohol criminalization was lessened only by the 21st Amendment, in 1933 (but it eventually made John Kennedy president).

--CGE