[Peace-discuss] Callis blurb

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 23 02:54:54 UTC 2014

Since August, there have been no changes on "issues" pages of either George Gollin's or Ann Callis's website--until now. Callis has added the following gem, presumably to counter Gollin's appeal for more money to be thrown at U of I researchers:

Science Research
Ann Callis believes Congress should take strong action to support science research. We need to stop our short-sighted budgeting plan that is hurting development in key STEM areas and leading to an innovation deficit---which means lost opportunities in education, discovery and job creation. Private money alone cannot fulfill the need we have for this research—nor should it. In our district, we know that universities are the cornerstone of research advancement. Research in the medical field will enable prevention, lead to cures, and lower future medical costs. Other investments in industries like energy, agriculture, and transportation will spur job creation and business development here at home. By investing in an all-inclusive research policy, our country keeps a strategic advantage and remains a global leader in innovation.