[Peace-discuss] JFP: Press Obama Administration for Gaza Ceasefire

Robert Naiman via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Wed Jul 9 11:44:50 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Just Foreign Policy <info at justforeignpolicy.org>
Date: Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 11:41 AM
Subject: Press Obama Administration for Gaza Ceasefire
To: naiman.uiuc at gmail.com

 [image: Just Foreign Policy]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8DoMRtj0kuwr2vPcoYSUBE2n%2FakWIOUy>

Dear Robert,

*Urge President Obama and your representatives in Congress to support
vigorous diplomacy to end the violence in Israel/Palestine. *
Sign our petition
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=rj755UYLCcBMVKz9PAQRgU2n%2FakWIOUy>

The Israeli military carried out a second night of airstrikes in Gaza July
8. As of Wednesday morning, July 9, at least 29 Palestinians had been
killed since the airstrikes began July 7, including seven children under
the age of 16. [1] At least two Israelis had been lightly wounded by rocket
fire from Gaza, *Haaretz* reported. [2] The military conflict “showed no
signs of abating,” according to a *New York Times* report on July 9. [3]

*Urge President Obama and your representatives in Congress to support
vigorous diplomatic efforts to end the violence, by signing our petition at
MoveOn:*

*http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/ceasefire-Israel-Palestine*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=g%2BTUS2dWjUL%2B7S10IxJjrE2n%2FakWIOUy>

>From the past, we know how this ends. There will be a new ceasefire. The
key question is how long it will take, how many people will be killed and
injured, how much will be destroyed in the meantime.

The United States can help save both Israeli and Palestinian lives by
speaking out urgently in support of a ceasefire, and working vigorously
with U.S. allies in the region that have good relations with both sides,
such as Egypt and Jordan, to press for a ceasefire. The U.S. can help make
the ceasefire last by pressing for an agreement that would permanently lift
the blockade of Gaza.

The State Department should also continue to press for an investigation of
the beating of U.S. citizen Tarek Abu Khdeir while in Israeli police
custody. [4]

*Press the Obama Administration to engage vigorously and urgently by
signing and sharing our petition.*

*http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/ceasefire-Israel-Palestine*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=FjnalQC3zQq5DvFGyeUa5E2n%2FakWIOUy>

Thanks for all you do to help rid humanity of the scourge of war,

Robert Naiman and Megan Iorio
Just Foreign Policy

*Help us reach our July fundraising goal—make a $10 tax-deductible
contribution today!*
Your financial support helps us create opportunities for Americans to
agitate for a more just foreign policy.
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/donate
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2F0kuHhNjHAhyw46gNyjjRU2n%2FakWIOUy>