[Peace-discuss] JFP: Obama: Don't Let Israel Bomb Gaza Hospital

Robert Naiman via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Wed Jul 16 16:17:02 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Just Foreign Policy <info at justforeignpolicy.org>
Date: Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Subject: Obama: Don't Let Israel Bomb Gaza Hospital
To: naiman at justforeignpolicy.org

 [image: Just Foreign Policy]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=P9NR6vN3PrMIA11m7l1RQA2LX7oUiw9T>

Dear Robert,

*Press President Obama to protect Wafa Hospital in Gaza from Israeli
bombing. *
Take Action
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=DZnjFJACg4qV8rjX7ZPecg2LX7oUiw9T>

International solidarity activists, including American journalist Joe
Catron, are acting as “human shields” to prevent the Israeli military from
bombing Wafa Hospital in Gaza.

*Urge President Obama and your representatives in Congress to demand that
Israel refrain from bombing Wafa Hospital and other medical facilities in
Gaza protected by international humanitarian law by signing our petition at
MoveOn: http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/dont-bomb-Gaza-hospital
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=j17m2CTfmEHadsFZdkzq%2Bw2LX7oUiw9T>*

As of Wednesday morning, 213 Palestinians had been killed by Israeli
airstrikes in Gaza, including at least 34 children. [1] [2] About 80% of
the casualties have been civilians, according to the UN. [3]

Wafa Hospital in Gaza’s Shujaiyya district has already been hit twice by
Israeli airstrikes. The Israeli military has told the hospital to evacuate,
but the hospital’s staff say that 16 elderly and terminally ill patients
are too frail to move. [4]

When an Israeli military officer called the hospital late on Tuesday
warning that it must be evacuated by 8AM Wednesday morning, Dr. Basman
Alashi, the hospital’s executive director, called the World Health
Organization, saying that such a move would risk the lives of patients.

On Wednesday, while many inhabitants of the surrounding area were fleeing
members and the same number of patients stayed behind.

They have been joined by eight international solidarity activists,
including American journalist Joe Catron, who have volunteered to act as
human shields at the hospital. [5]

*Press President Obama and Members of Congress to demand that Israel not
bomb Wafa Hospital or other medical facilities in Gaza protected by
international humanitarian law by signing and sharing our petition:*

*http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/dont-bomb-Gaza-hospital
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=fOX08Tn80eE24ECHoTRIgQ2LX7oUiw9T>*

Thanks for all you do to help protect innocent civilians from the scourge
of war,

Robert Naiman and Megan Iorio
Just Foreign Policy

*Help us reach our July fundraising goal—make a $10 tax-deductible
contribution today!*
Your financial support helps us create opportunities for Americans to
agitate for a more just foreign policy.
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/donate
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Zmn4gtl4TOkBQojUEn%2FXmw2LX7oUiw9T>