[Peace-discuss] help with Gaza/Davis this morning: let your fingers do the walking!

Karen Medina via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Thu Jul 24 18:45:44 EDT 2014

* A great time was had by all.  Robert, Bridget, Karen, David Green, Anke,
Carl, and David Johnson -- what a great team.
* Great job Robert!!!!!! Great petition, great organizing, great
statements, ...
* 7 people were plenty to fill the ear of Kyle, the intern.
* Thanks to Stuart and Ricky who could not be there at the last minute but
sent really great vibes and messages.
* All in all, I think we were quite articulate and convincing.

Robert took pictures outside. Stuart's camera and Anke took pictures
inside.

And the message from Stuart: Congress might be voting very soon on
expanding the military in Iraq.

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Robert Naiman via Peace-discuss <
peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net> wrote:

> me and Stuart and Karen and David and Anke and Bridget and Ricky are going
> to visit Rodney Davis' office in Champaign at noon. They are expecting us.
>
> Suppose that you can't come or you just don't wanna. Can you still help?
>
> Let your fingers do the walking! Call Davis' office in Champaign between
> now and noon at
> 217-403-4690.
>
> Say: "I'm [name] and I'm calling from [your town]. I'm calling to urge
> that Rep. Davis act to help end the war and lift the economic blockade on
> Gaza."
>
> Or say whatever ya want. Bottom line: you care what's happening to people
> in Gaza.
>
> So, when the seven of us - or however many we are - arrive at the office
> at noon, the staff have a context:
>
> "People in Champaign-Urbana care about this."
>
> Thanks for taking action!

-- karen medina
"The really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark
Twain