[Peace-discuss] FW: URGENT: Gazan families need your help

Fields, A Belden via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Sat Jul 26 14:34:30 EDT 2014

________________________________
From: Dan O'Neill, Mercy Corps [newsletter at mercycorps.org]
Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2014 12:26 PM
To: Fields, A Belden
Subject: URGENT: Gazan families need your help

People in Gaza need your help, Belden.

Help us reach 40,000 people with aid ▸<http://web.mercycorps.org/go/6993?t=1&akid=3709.330513.HMGq3n>
[Mercy Corps]<http://web.mercycorps.org/go/6994?t=2&akid=3709.330513.HMGq3n>

[http://www.mercycorps.org/email/newsletter/images/blank.gif]
URGENT:
People in Gaza need your help, Belden.
[Photo: Marco Longari / AFP / Getty Images]<http://web.mercycorps.org/go/6993?t=3&akid=3709.330513.HMGq3n>
Photo: Marco Longari / AFP / Getty Images
With your help, we are aiming to reach 40,000 people with critical humanitarian aid.
Donate today ▸<http://web.mercycorps.org/go/6993?t=4&akid=3709.330513.HMGq3n>
        [http://www.mercycorps.org/email/newsletter/images/blank.gif]
Belden —

Explosions have been sounding relentlessly day and night at seemingly any location — hospitals, schools, U.N. buildings. The air is thick with smoke as families watch their homes being destroyed before their eyes. Parents hold their children tight to protect them in any way they can.

Right now, there is nowhere safe to turn in Gaza.

More than 160,000 Gazans have fled their homes in just a week. They are cut off from food, water and electricity, too terrified to leave the little refuge they’ve found.

Despite the risks, Mercy Corps is on the ground with the largest humanitarian presence in Gaza next to the U.N., reaching thousands of people every day with emergency food and supplies.

You can send lifesaving assistance to families caught in the Gaza crisis and others around the world: Make a donation right now to our Humanitarian Response Fund ▸<http://web.mercycorps.org/go/6993?t=5&akid=3709.330513.HMGq3n>

Thanks to supporters like you, our dedicated local staff are distributing food and urgently needed necessities to Gazans trapped in unfurnished apartment buildings and warehouses — anywhere they can gather together for safety.

But the longer this conflict continues, the more families need basic supplies to survive. With your help, Mercy Corps is working amidst active conflict and aims to reach 40,000 people with emergency aid in the next week.

Your gift to our Humanitarian Response Fund will help rush food and critical supplies to families in Gaza and around the world who have lost everything to the violence around them ▸<http://web.mercycorps.org/go/6993?t=6&akid=3709.330513.HMGq3n>

In these moments, your tremendous impact is delivered in simple dignities: milk to feed a crying infant, blankets to cover sleeping children at night. We don’t know how long this conflict will last, but our teams will be on the ground distributing supplies amidst active conflict so that the aid reaches those who need it most.

Your support embodies what it means to help in the world’s toughest places. Thank you for dedication.

Sincerely,

[Dan O'Neill, Mercy Corps Founder]

Dan O’Neill
Mercy Corps Founder