[Peace-discuss] Study: US Is Not A Democracy

"e.w.johnson 朱稳森" via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Wed Jun 4 01:18:36 EDT 2014

On 06/04/2014 12:02 PM, David Johnson via Peace-discuss wrote:
> To put it short: The United States is no democracy, but actually an
> oligarchy.

There are some folks who get some spin from the notion that the US of A
is a republic not
a democracy but that is really an exercise in semantics.  But some
Amerikans are very sensitive
to semantics and build gigantic glass houses from semiotic fluff.

The statement that the US is not a democracy at all is far more important.

It really is an extremely well-entrenched oligarchy.

"It's a small club, and you and I ain't in it."  -  G. Carlin

> American democracy is a sham, no matter how much it’s pumped by the
> oligarchs who run the country (and who control the nation’s “news”
> media)...We weren’t formerly, but we clearly are now. Today, after
> this exhaustive analysis of the data, “the preferences of the average
> American appear to have only a minuscule, near-zero, statistically
> non-significant impact upon public policy.

They don't give a fuck about you or anyone else as individuals. They do
try to find trend groups and pump those to maintain general acceptance
of the status quo.