[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] News from Neptune on UPTV for 6 June 2014

Stuart Levy via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Tue Jun 10 18:54:42 EDT 2014

Ya'aqov, I hope at some point you do come and speak on, say, AWARE on
the Air, and talk about internal resistance among Israeli Jews to the
Occupation.   We know it's there and important.   Come and tell us and
the viewers about it.

A few weeks ago, several of us went to Chicago and heard Max Blumenthal,
author of /Goliath/, speak along with Ali Abunimah on the future of
Palestine.   I hoped that Max's talk would include how he envisioned
that Israel might move forward, e.g. if BDS and other efforts were
successful, then how might it change on the way to making a system that
would operate justly for all the people living in Israel/Palestine,
say.    It was a lot to hope for.   He spoke instead, fluently and in
detail, on how modern Israel fails to live up to its myth of being a
liberal democracy - he makes it sound very much like the grim Jim Crow
South.

They took no audience questions, but I wanted most to ask one that
perhaps you and others would like to speak to:  Who resists?

      Stuart