[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Retrograde. Offensive. Anti-semitic.

David Johnson via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Fri Jun 13 07:51:51 EDT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Retrograde. Offensive. Anti-semitic.
Date: 	Thu, 12 Jun 2014 10:10:20 -0400 (EDT)
From: 	Stefanie Fox, Jewish Voice for Peace <info at jewishvoiceforpeace.org>
To: 	davidjohnson1451 at comcast.net

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=kA496IIBPdNYOAvBl3%2FxmBqsGLHre01T>

*Action Alert*

      The Israel Lobby has launched an all-out smear campaign against
      nonviolent direct action. We need your help to overcome their slander.

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Q3HPzMwztXSPUx52V5scZBqsGLHre01T>

/I support divestment because I believe in nonviolence. /

  You can show brave Presbyterian activists
they aren't alone.

Take Action!
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=sNfeG7uOOPOnMoaTPrfW6BqsGLHre01T>

Dear David,

Destroying more than 18,000 homes since 1967. Developing biometric ID
cards that segregate people by ethnicity and religion. Selling
surveillance systems to protect illegal settlements throughout the West
Bank.

*/Sound like corporations you’d want to invest in?/*

Probably not.

Next week, the Presbyterian Church is going to take up that exact
question: /should they divest from Caterpillar, Hewlett-Packard, and
Motorola Solutions – three companies that all profit from the Israeli
occupation?/

*So please: show Presbyterian activists ready for real change you're
with them!*

*_Click here to sign an e-card explaining who you are and why you
support divestment._
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=E5qnAMHcE2XQ%2Bl%2Bi1lX6bxqsGLHre01T>*

We all know the Israel Lobby has a way of making people of conscience
feel real lonely standing up.

And the Presbyterian Church is coming under intense pressure from the
Lobby to say “no” to divestment. Supporters of this non-violent,
time-honored tactic are being labeled “Retrograde.” “Demonizing.”
“Offensive.” And, of course, “anti-semitic.”

/But think about it for a moment – what are they’re really saying
beneath those buzzwords? To pro-actively invest in occupation./

It’s cynical, but sadly, effective.

*A**nd the most helpful thing we can do – our obligation, even – is to
show them who really supports divestment.* To show that we’re Jewish,
Muslim, atheist, young, old, wealthy, working class, men, women,
activists, educators, students and more.

*And that we know investing in the daily human suffering of occupation
is wrong.*

_*Click here to e-sign a card supporting Presbyterian activists who are
ready for concrete, principled action.*_
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=4xjKLgAs3PhG3XWgKfcNDxqsGLHre01T>

Standing up for justice can be lonely work. Let’s make sure our allies
in the Presbyterian Church know they aren’t alone.

	<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=x3HyBuguT9qFInMyUUEaQBqsGLHre01T>

Stefanie Fox
Co-Director of Organizing

Donate Now!
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=9%2B7bM7VjC6mRlihfbJ0iBBqsGLHre01T>

          Contact Info:

Jewish Voice for Peace
1611 Telegraph Ave, Suite 550
Oakland, CA 94612
510.465.1777
info at jewishvoiceforpeace.org <mailto:info at jewishvoiceforpeace.org>

          Connect with Us:

Become a 2014 JVP Member
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ERbVYb%2BngbI0uZ4p8Ah1%2BBqsGLHre01T>
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=PVTyxMOUbDY0lDYL3LXiURqsGLHre01T>
| Twitter
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=1CVe%2FXybKe95t%2BDP9EITTRqsGLHre01T>
<mailto:Enter+email+address+here?subject=FWD%3A+Check+This+Out&body=I+thought+you+might+be+interested+in+this+message+http%3A%2F%2Fhq-org.salsalabs.com%2FblastContent.jsp%3Femail_blast_KEY%3D1300701>

Subscribe to our blog Muzzlewatch
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=2jJYmvLcCGUt6N7RfiR6%2FBqsGLHre01T>

Unsubscribe
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=xhHGQLyh8bNrWGlgmXg7328UgkXOh8Wf>