[Peace-discuss] Join Barbara Lee & Scott Rigell: Stop Rush to Iraq War

Robert Naiman via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Tue Jun 24 19:35:41 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Just Foreign Policy <info at justforeignpolicy.org>
Date: Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Subject: Join Barbara Lee & Scott Rigell: Stop Rush to Iraq War
To: naiman at justforeignpolicy.org

 [image: Just Foreign Policy]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=82gmAjivGsIhKNonvpUPgnH1j9HjFRUb>

Dear Robert,

*Tell your Rep. to sign the Lee-Rigell letter, our best tool to stop a new
war. *
Sign our petition
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=xhpeI5mCGFrhxs86E1hQuXH1j9HjFRUb>

Some press reports have suggested that the U.S. could begin airstrikes in
Iraq at any time. *Our best tool to stop this is to press President Obama
to come to Congress for authorization before using military force*, as
required by the U.S. Constitution and the War Powers Resolution. Pressing
the President to come to Congress for authorization was essential to
stopping the U.S. from going to war in Syria last year. [1]

*Urge your Representative to join in pressing President Obama to come to
Congress, by signing our petition at MoveOn:*

*http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/lee-rigell-stop-rush-to-Iraq-war*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ABZnaFLRSirld9uiZCQHXnH1j9HjFRUb>

California Democrat and Virginia Republican Scott Rigell have initiated a
bipartisan letter to President Obama, pressing him to respect the
Constitutional requirement to come to Congress for authorization before
using military force.

*Urge your Representative to sign the Lee-Rigell letter by signing and
sharing our petition*. The petition will be automatically delivered to your
Representative when you sign.

*http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/lee-rigell-stop-rush-to-Iraq-war*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Tq7zD2JJhfg2Ca59effbL3H1j9HjFRUb>

Thank you for helping us stop the rush to war,

Robert Naiman and Megan Iorio
Just Foreign Policy

*Help us reach our June fundraising goal—make a $10 tax-deductible
contribution today!*
If you can, please make a donation today. Your financial support helps us
create opportunities for Americans to agitate for a more just foreign
policy.
*http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/donate
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=CXFN83Dh%2BiYi35yQ3%2BdyRnH1j9HjFRUb>*