[Peace-discuss] Action Needed THIS MORNING as Illinois Legislature Reassigns Anti-Boycott Bill to New Committee

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Wed Mar 19 14:58:34 UTC 2014

Additional notes:

1. If you live in Champaign-Urbana, you don't have a Senator on the
Judiciary Committee. So your ask is this one:

   - *If your Senator is not on the Judiciary Committee,* then we need you
   to call the chair of the Judiciary Committee, Senator Kwame Raoul (D- Hyde
   Park). *CALL (217) 782-5338 <%28217%29%20782-5338>*. For "talking
   points," see below.

2. If you're willing to do just a little bit more, you can submit a
"witness slip" for the hearing. This has to be done by noon, hard deadline.
It should take no more than five minutes. There is a simple online form
where interested parties can register as witnesses for the hearing in
opposition to the bill. To register your opposition in writing, submit as a
"Record Of Appearance Only," which means that you don't have to attend the
hearing, but your opposition will be officially recorded.

The link is here:

http://my.ilga.gov/WitnessSlip/Create/79303?committeeHearingId=11620&LegislationId=79303&SCommittees3%2F21%2F2014-page=1&committeeid=0&chamber=S&nodays=7&_=1394831006091&GridCurrentCommittees-page=1

Here are some brief instructions for filling out the form:

I.  Identification - Enter your information; fax number is not required but
if you don't include a fax number you must clear this field completely.

II. Representation - Fill in if you are representing an organization

III. Position - Click on the button next to "Opponent"

IV. Testimony - Click on the box next to "Record of Appearance Only" if you
don't plan on testifying in person.

- Type the Captcha Code in the box.

- Click Next to "I Agree to the ILGA Terms of Agreement."
- Click on "Create Slip."

3. If you're willing to actually go and testify at the hearing, especially
if you are current or retired UIUC faculty, drop me a line, or call:
979-2857. The hearing is at 3, and as you probably know, Springfield is 1.5
hours away.