[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] I believe D. Green and I agree with this article?

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat Mar 22 22:42:05 UTC 2014

The question is not who said it but whether it's right. Anyone who confuses those two questions won't get far.

Ideas aren't responsible for the people who believe in them.

In the 13th century Thomas Aquinas - in discussion with Muslims, Jews, and pagans as well as other Christians - observed, "We study other philosophers not to find out what other philosophers believed but how the truth of things stands."

Where Chomsky differs from Weir (whom I once brought to campus for a talk) and Atzmon, I think he has the better of the argument.

But it's the arguments, not the personalities, that should be considered.