[Peace-discuss] Oppose Sen. Durbin's re-election

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Mon Mar 24 16:57:13 UTC 2014

Sen. Dick Durbin is up for re-election here in Illinois this November, and he has no serious electoral opposition. But it's worthwhile to vote against him as a sign of opposition to the administration's pro-war/pro-Wall St. policies. (He will have a Green party opponent, who is worth a vote.)

Durbin has been the Senate Majority Whip, the second highest position in the Democratic Party leadership in the Senate (after Harry Reid), since 2007, and a major supporter of the child-killer in the White House. The Democrats will probably lose the Senate in November, so he'll lose that office, but unless the non-interventionist wing of the Republicans are able to make their writ run, Republican control of the Senate probably won't delimit the administration's war-making - unless the popular outcry grows.

What we should be doing now is exposing the Obama administration's aggression in Europe and Asia, which they're trying desperately to keep under wraps, for fear of the US  public. We should encourage that fear.

Durbin is a major supporter of Obama's shameful foreign policy - including the world's greatest terrorist campaign, which the rest of the world recognizes as far surpassing al-Qaida and "associated organizations."

--CGE