[Peace-discuss] Joe Webber dies…

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 12:33:23 UTC 2014

Thanks Mort!

Joe Weber passed away March 22, 2014 (I think Mort had written April) at
the age of 90.
Linda Weber had passed Tuesday February 4, 2014 at the age of 87.

Joe and Linda were amazing people and peace activists.

Joe had trained as a pilot for World War II, his training ending about the
same time as the war. So he was put to the task of flying important people
into Japan to see the after effects of the nuclear bombs the U.S. had
dropped.

He had so many stories.

When he was a high school teacher, one of his classes built an ultra-light
plane and got to fly it. That was short-lived because the insurance became
an issue.

---- service information for Joe ---
Funeral service will be Friday, March 28, at Church of the Brethren, 1S071
Luther Ave., Lombard. Lying in repose will be from 10 to 10:30 a.m., with a
service at 10:30 a.m.

Visitation will be from 3 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Chapel Hill Garden West
Funeral Home, 17W201 Roosevelt Road, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181.

In lieu of other expressions of sympathy, contributions can be made to PADS
of DuPage County/dupagepads.org, Habitat International, or the TIMES Center
in Champaign.