[Peace-discuss] article for AOTA -- was Re: I cannot make AOTA today / I have to work

Stuart Levy via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Tue May 20 09:20:00 EDT 2014

On the other hand it looks as though I *can* be there.  I'd like to talk
about this article:

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2014/may/16/why-wont-kerry-leave-syria-alone.aspx

    Why Won't Kerry Leave Syria Alone?

/written by daniel mcadams   friday may 16, 2014/

US Secretary of State John Kerry seems to be on a personal mission to
draw the US into an invasion of Syria. At the least, he remains
determined to continue backing the rebellion against the Syrian
government until the country is completely destroyed.

Meeting yesterday in London, the self-styled "Friends of Syria,"
including, in addition to the US and UK, such model democracies asQatar
<http://global-security-news.com/2014/04/28/iraq-rebukes-saudi-arabia-and-qatar-for-supporting-terrorism-in-iraq-and-syria/>,
Saudi Arabia, andTurkey
<http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/15/turkey-mine-disaster-aid-pm-pictures-kicking-protester>, determined
to increase assistance to those who for three years have fought to
overthrow the Syrian government.

Kerry took the opportunity at the meeting to again accuse the Syrian
government of using chemical weapons, apparently not at all chastened by
his fraudulent claims to the same effect last year. "Raw data" suggests
the Syrian government used chlorine gas recently, Kerry claimed this
time. Very raw, no doubt.

Meanwhile, US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said on the same day that,
“We’ve not seen any evidence” of additional chemical attacks. It seems
that the US administration isat war with itself
<http://www.moonofalabama.org/2014/05/obama-administration-disagrees-with-itself.html>,
with Kerry seeming to go rogue at every opportunity.

Recall last summer that Kerrysaid unambiguously
<http://video.foxnews.com/v/2638845313001/kerry-we-know-assad-regime-used-chemical-weapons/#sp=show-clips>that
"we know" that Assad used chemical weapons in Ghouta. Also remember that
he wascompletely
<http://www.lrb.co.uk/v36/n08/seymour-m-hersh/the-red-line-and-the-rat-line>wrong,
having placed the US on the brink of invading another country on
atrumped-up pretext
<http://www.salon.com/2014/03/02/kerry_on_russia_you_just_dont_invade_another_country_on_a_completely_trumped_up_pretext/>.

But even though an agreement was reached last summer whereby the Syrian
government agreed to give up its strategic chemical arsenal -- an
agreement that was kept -- the US only intensified its support for
regime change.

In fact, the US recently launched apilot program
<http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/05/09/syria-tank-tow-kerry-/8867817/> to
provide deadly TOW missiles to the "moderate" opposition. However, it
hasalready been reported
<http://www.longwarjournal.org/threat-matrix/archives/2014/05/us-made_missiles_reportedly_in.php>that
these missiles almost immediately landed in the hands of radicals in
Syria, including fighters from the notorious al-Nusra Front. In short,
the US is providing some of the deadliest weapons in its arsenal to
affiliates of al-Qaeda.

    [...]