[Peace-discuss] It's Wrong. It's Corrupt. And It's Been Happening For *Far* Too Long.

David Johnson via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Wed Nov 19 10:42:54 EST 2014

It's Wrong. It's Corrupt. And It's Been Happening For *Far* Too Long.

 <http://www.upworthy.com/george-takei> Description: George TakeiCurated by
George Takei  <http://www.upworthy.com/george-takei>

I support the end of corruption in government and pay-to-play politics.
Mayday.US is a nonpartisan group using the people's money to challenge big
donors - perhaps the last chance we have to stop the madness. Actor Jason
Alexander makes a strong point in this 30-second video: All citizens should
keep this in mind every time they hear a political ad paid for by a special
interest PAC.

*	Like Upworthy on Facebook

Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Sometimes children's books just illustrate things so clearly.

http://upw-prod-images.global.ssl.fastly.net/nugget/5464d4f47448848cf0000001
/attachments/n-0a8c212c7bd9259c979fcc26213c336d.jpg

Give Jason Alexander about 30 seconds to break it down.

Like Upworthy on Facebook

"Do you know what 'Paid for by...' really means? It means a billion dollars
in the last election. Our government is filled with people who have been
paid for, but no one should have more influence than you." - Jason Alexander

And politicians may pretend it doesn't make them beholden to their donors,
but...

http://upw-prod-images.global.ssl.fastly.net/nugget/5464d53d7448848cf0000003
/attachments/n-dc6a15a736c8d71d5f9c6243db9f7309.png

Transcript:

<http://www.upworthy.com/its-wrong-its-corrupt-and-its-been-happening-for-fa
r-too-long?c=upw1#show-transcript> Show Transcript

About:

This video <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtTyRWc0OvQ>  and graphics are
all from MAYDAY.US <https://mayday.us/> . You can follow them on Twitter
<https://twitter.com/MAYDAYUS>  or Like them on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/MAYDAYdotUS> . Just don't give up on a democracy
free from corruption. If people like you take a stand and join Mayday PAC,
we just might be able to get the government we deserve. Thumbnail image by
Alan Light
<http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Alexander#mediaviewer/File:Jasonalexande
r_jerryseinfeld.jpg> , used under Creative Commons license.

Topics:

.         Economy <http://www.upworthy.com/economy>

.         Politics <http://www.upworthy.com/politics>

Curator: