[Peace-discuss] New med school critique

E. W. Johnson via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Sat Nov 22 01:50:40 EST 2014

Any one who has taken physiology and "got it" (figured it out)
should understand the body as a system.  So it's
not so very profound to say that it is a system.
(Really?  No shit, Sherlock?)

Unfortunately the level of medicine and biology has still not risen high
enough
to fully understand the flows and connections in the body as so to
really understand acupuncture which also is a system oriented methodology.

In the name of "quality medical service" (a fraudulent and deceptive bit
of prose)
the practice of medicine has been maintained as a closed shop and people
are forced to pay exorbitant tolls to pass over the bridge to wellness.
All in the name of a lie to make sure that the coffers of the trolls are
well-filled.

The medical-insurance-pharmaceutical industrial complex has cast dams
across the
rivers of healing. */You will damn well pay them/*, or**_*they will most
surely let you die*. _
(it's a /passive/ matter, mind you...)

That should be frightening enough but I indeed doubt that any one with
ability to change the system will rise up against it, because the same
demon serpents that
are wrapped around the staff of medicine are also wrapped tightly around
the spines
of the people.

*

"...physician-scientist, physician-innovator, or physician-entrepreneur" ???

In the world that all of you live in and most of you dare not to shake,
the system has such inertia that incredible sums of money are required to
push any innovation.  They will have to be scientists to understand the body
since most are not sensitive enough to visualize the meridians even if
with the aid of a map
they are pointed out.  In a world that worships stupidity, any positive
action is
a pure act of the will.

A Canadian doctor who died of some bacterial infection 75 years ago,
(in a small county town a hundred or so miles west of here) had this to say:

    Medicine, as we are practising it, is a luxury trade. We are selling
    bread at the price of jewels. ...
    Let us take the profit, the private economic profit, out of
    medicine, and purify our profession of rapacious individualism ...
    Let us say to the people not ' How much have you got?' but ' How
    best can we serve you?'

The day before Bethune died he wrote:
     "... Please give my Kodak Retina II camera to comrade Sha Fei.
Norman Bethune, 04:20pm, November 11th, 1939"

Some famous guy wrote about Bethune:

    Comrade Bethune’s spirit, his utter devotion to others without any
    thought of self, was shown in his great sense of responsibility in
    his work and his great warm-heartedness towards all comrades and the
    people ... We must all learn the spirit of absolute selflessness
    from him. With this spirit everyone can be very useful to the
    people. A man’s ability may be great or small, but if he has this
    spirit, he is already noble-minded and pure, a man of moral
    integrity and above vulgar interests, a man who is of value to the
    people.

He says we should learn, but quite frankly I do not quite know how this
thing can be /taught/.
Pete Wall said, "Either you is, or you ain't".  Perhaps that's more of
an observation than a sentencing.  Let's hope so.

The spirit seems to exist exterior to the intellect.  It might be
possible to teach one to follow it
and learn its ways.

*
...So they pervert the power to heal into the power to gain wealth.

It's very hard to find any nice and civil words for a skank like your
Chancellor Wise
or any really wise way to deal with the problem of a Chancellor Wise.

*

It ain't easy working with people.  They can be ugly and often they
don't smell good.
They can hurt you badly when you try to help them.
They build corrals and strong pens for handling cattle because it is a
necessity.

But your medical complex has taken the dealing with people problem to an
extreme and
it has become a malady unto itself.

Most who want reform dare not challenge the halls of medicine.  They just
want someone other than themselves to cough up Moloch's fare.