[Peace-discuss] we are so lucky to have the EJP symposium happening in Urbana

Karen Medina via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Tue Oct 7 17:25:20 EDT 2014

Registration for the symposium is closed, but I am so glad that Champaign
Urbana is involved in this. I, for one, would love to hear reports from
anyone who is attending this:
Symposium on Higher Education in Prison
October 9 - 12, 2-14
Presented by the Education Justice Project here in Urbana
http://www.educationjustice.net/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Daily-Schedule_SYMPOSIUM-ON-HIGHER-EDUCATION-IN-PRISON.pdf

Thursday, October 9
7:00pm
 Susan Burton public talk
WhenThu, October 9, 7pm – 8:30pm
DescriptionEvent free and open to the public. Susan Burton is executive
director of A New Way of Life, a re-entry program in Southern California. Held
at Salem Baptist Church (Address: 500 E. Park Street, Champaign, IL 61820)

 EJP Symposium on Higher Education in Prison
WhenOct 10 – 12, 2014
WhereHawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign, 101 Trade Center Dr, Champaign,
IL, United States (map
<http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Hawthorn%20Suites%20by%20Wyndham%20Champaign%2C%20101%20Trade%20Center%20Dr%2C%20Champaign%2C%20IL%2C%20United%20States>
)
DescriptionRegistration closed Sept. 15 for this event.