[Peace-discuss] Fwd: [IllinoisSinglePayer] Medical debt - The video's OK, but read the short article from Yahoo (!)

David Johnson via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Fri Oct 10 07:33:32 EDT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[IllinoisSinglePayer] Medical debt - The video's OK, but read
the short article from Yahoo (!)
Date: 	Thu, 9 Oct 2014 22:58:57 -0700
From: 	Timi Papas timpapa417 at yahoo.com [IllinoisSinglePayer]
<IllinoisSinglePayer at yahoogroups.com>
To: 	Potluck Democracy <potluckdemocracy at yahoogroups.com>, NSCPJE
<circle at nscpj.org>, Neighborsforpeace <neighborsforpeace at yahoogroups.com>

The ACA, designed by the medical industrial complex and passed
begrudgingly by a bare majority of the Congress (but called
"Obamacare"---after all, he did champion it!), has actually made things
worse, if only by allowing the existing system of health care delivery
to become even more entrenched.  Like, Gee Wiz, now even more people can
fall victim to exploitation by insurance companies, doctor/hospital
conglomerates, and Rx manufacturers!  Too bad the President ruled out
exploration of a universal coverage approach like Medicare---only with
teeth, and with adequate coverage.

Meanwhile the rest of the world watches in awe as we Americans blithely
put up with our crappy system.  But they watch us in awe for putting up
with all sorts of crap, don't they, like that other famous
complex---what's it called? Military-industrial-something....  Oh
right!  Dwight Eisenhower's farewell speech in 1961.

Maybe the rest of the world knows us better than we know ourselves.  I
guess many of us are so damn happy that none of this matters.

Has anyone seen statistics indicating that the growth rate of
medical-debt bankruptcies has abated? I didn't think so.
TCP

American households are getting wrecked by medical debt
<http://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-households-are-getting-wrecked-by-medical-debt-143119252.html>

image
<http://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-households-are-getting-wrecked-by-medical-debt-143119252.html>

American households are getting wrecked by medical debt
<http://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-households-are-getting-wrecked-by-medical-debt-143119252.html>

A new report by Nerdwallet shines light on medical debt’s crippling
effect on American households.

View on finance.yahoo.com
<http://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-households-are-getting-wrecked-by-medical-debt-143119252.html>

Preview by Yahoo

/
/
__._,_.___
Posted by: Timi Papas <timpapa417 at yahoo.com>
	• 	Reply to sender
<mailto:timpapa417 at yahoo.com?subject=Re%3A%20Medical%20debt%20-%20The%20video%27s%20OK%2C%20but%20read%20the%20short%20article%20from%20Yahoo%20%28%21%29>
	• 	Reply to group
<mailto:IllinoisSinglePayer at yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20Medical%20debt%20-%20The%20video%27s%20OK%2C%20but%20read%20the%20short%20article%20from%20Yahoo%20%28%21%29>
	• 	Start a New Topic
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/IllinoisSinglePayer/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=X3oDMTJmY2hicHM2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIyMTI0MjI5BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2Mzk4NQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzE0MTI5MjA3Mzg->
	• 	Messages in this topic
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/IllinoisSinglePayer/conversations/topics/7504;_ylc=X3oDMTM1ZzFtYmN1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIyMTI0MjI5BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2Mzk4NQRtc2dJZAM3NTA0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTQxMjkyMDczOAR0cGNJZAM3NTA0>
(1)

Visit Your Group
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/IllinoisSinglePayer/info;_ylc=X3oDMTJmcm9kb2xlBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIyMTI0MjI5BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2Mzk4NQRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzE0MTI5MjA3Mzg->

Yahoo! Groups