[Peace-discuss] North Dakota

E. Wayne Johnson via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Tue Oct 14 19:00:16 EDT 2014

I worked in the oilfields of southern Illinois, southern Indiana, Ohio
and West Virginia.

I got my first job as a roughneck on a drilling rig when was 13 and in
the 8th grade.
I was about 20 the last time I did any of that sort of work.  I was home
from college
on the weekend and took a friend's slot so he could have the night off
on the 11 to 7 shift.
The next night he came back and his foot got cut off in an accident.
Could have been me.
I never went back.  But I could make a $100 a day in the late 60's early
70's and that
was a lot of money.  I was also appalled by how much of my check was
taken for taxes.
I never got over that part, and I still resent every cent that the SOB's
took from me.
I was taxed at an incredible high rate because I had "no dependents".

This floozie doesnt know much about the "awhl bidness" but her complaint
about too many men seems to be that she can't manage more than 3 at once.