[Peace-discuss] Sayed Kashua, Palestinian-Israeli writer now at UIUC, at the New Yorker

Karen Medina via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Wed Oct 15 10:34:25 EDT 2014

Robert, You should email him and invite him out for a beer. He'd like that.
-karen

by the way,
Paul Mueth posted to peace-discuss on September 3rd:

   - September 3: *An Evening with Sayed Kashua*. 7:30pm, Alice Campbell
   Alumni Center.

-------
I wonder if you could sit in on a class session.
Hebrew 405: Advanced Modern Hebrew I
<https://courses.illinois.edu/cisapp/dispatcher/schedule/2014/fall/HEBR/405>
Instructor: Sayed Kashua
This one is for the Spring semester but should be great:
History 335: The Middle East, 1566-1914
<https://courses.illinois.edu/cisapp/dispatcher/schedule/2014/fall/HIST/335>
Instructor: Kenneth Cuno <http://www.history.illinois.edu/people/kmcuno>.
---------
In an interview in Colorado (at the film festival) it says,
"Kashua is adamant that what was originally intended as a yearlong
sabbatical will remain permanent, that he will work on his English,
continue teaching, perhaps write about his new life in the United States
for Israeli TV." Read more:
http://forward.com/articles/205548/living-in-exile-sayed-kashua-hits-telluride/?p=all#ixzz3GDvlAile

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 3:51 AM, Robert Naiman via Peace-discuss <
peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net> wrote:

> I stumbled on this quite by coincidence. There is a famous
> Palestinian-Israeli writer now in residence at the U of I. Who knew? If
> anyone sees notice of any public talks by this guy, please let me know. I
> would love to meet him.
>

> http://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/tell-story-happy-ending-exchange-etgar-keret-sayed-kashua
>
> ===
>
> Robert Naiman
> Policy Director
> Just Foreign Policy
> www.justforeignpolicy.org
> naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
> (202) 448-2898 x1

-- karen medina
"The really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark
Twain