[Peace-discuss] Intellectual mutton dressed as lamb

C. G. Estabrook via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Thu Oct 30 00:09:00 EDT 2014

Congressman Rodney Davis (IL-13) told a UIUC class tonight, "Vladimir Putin brings the Cold War mentality back."

Ignorance like that in the Congress licenses Obama's dangerous schemes to control the Eurasian economy by promoting war, notably in Ukraine.

That's not to suggest that Davis' Democratic opponent would be any better. In fact, she'd probably be worse - a even surer support for Obama's military and economic policies.

But the US public, opposed to war as they are, will have little effect on selecting Congressional representatives. As Boss Tweed of Tammany Hall put it, "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating."

--CGE