[Peace-discuss] Palestinian novelist on campus

David Green via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Wed Sep 3 15:29:01 EDT 2014

I feel bad for him. The Israel Studies Project is Lobby funded and has always excluded Israelis of Palestinian background. I think the current directors are trying to stretch the boundaries. Local lovers of Zion may not show up, or may do so with unrealistic expectations. Critics of Zion may have different expectations, realistic or otherwise. The speaker may find himself in an awkward position, and the Salaita case only adds to that. I feel bad for  him. My choice is not to attend.

DG