[Peace-discuss] [Peace] 11:30AM Tue Sep 9th: demonstration in support of Steven Salaita -- was: Upcoming campus-wide event

E. Wayne Johnson via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Sat Sep 6 20:03:09 EDT 2014

Some tolerances are required to allow the machine to run at all, oiled
or un-oiled.

Where there is no robustness to faults, things will freeze up.

On the other hand, there is a point beyond which action has to be taken...
the last straw that starts a cascading of events.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should
not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all
experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while
evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms
to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and
usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to
reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their
duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their
future security.