[Peace-discuss] whoa.

E. W. Johnson via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Mon Sep 8 11:28:53 EDT 2014

Sometimes I am really glad that what I call home is not Urbana
and not even the US of A.

I am glad that I wasn't around for the rise and demise of the Occupy!
movement since
my expression of opinion about what the usa did to Occupy! might have
surely landed me behind bars similar to Kokesh and others, although I am
not into guns and drugs,
individually or collectively mixed.

I'd probably be on the Quad, where I have no business, raising a ruckus
and maybe
even inciting incivilities of various sorts.  Not a good idea at all.

I have come up with several placard slogans for the anti-Phyllis Wise camp.
None of which I will use or share with others.

I have been quite aware for quite-a-long-time that my opinions are
rather far from
"mainstream" and it has been so long since I dismissed the "mainstream
of American life"
as "a stinking open sewage ditch" that I often forget how little I have
in common
with the mass of Amerikans.  Some of that is because my relatively few
associations with
other human beings is with those who have notions similar to mine.

Even so, I find this note from the DI so nauseatingly fluffy and
disturbing that I am really taken
aback by it.  If this is really a representation of the opinion of the
student body, then
there really is not anything much to fight for or against any more. If
this is all that there
is then just let them keep dancing, if that's all there is.

http://www.dailyillini.com/opinion/article_8de6e5c0-36dc-11e4-8e0c-001a4bcf6878.html