[Peace-discuss] [Peace] 11:30AM Tue Sep 9th: demonstration in support of Steven Salaita -- was: Upcoming campus-wide event

ya'aQov via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Mon Sep 8 20:15:00 EDT 2014

I accept your distinctions Vukoni, thanks.  The place and time to dig
into these distinctions is not at the Tuesday protest. The call for
protest THERE was and is against the attack on academic freedom and
free speech. On THAT level, my challenge to protesters stands.

It is disgraceful that my disagreements with the conventional
'leftist' doctrines re-regurgitated on AWARE are met by fascist
descriptions as 'Israeli hasbara' 'red herring' and alike.

I also read Salaita's tweets, found them one sided, never provocative
and intriguing into dialectical discussions. UIUC faculty leading one
sided discussions we have already, plenty.

Again Vukoni, thank You for your distinctions,
Ya'aqov