[Peace-discuss] My article on Mondoweiss

Brussel, Morton K via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Mon Sep 8 23:20:41 EDT 2014

David,

What you have emphasized in your Mondoweiss article precisely hits the mark. (I’d considered writing in the same vein.) Yes, it is foremost the Israeli repression and attacks on Gaza and the West Bank which Salaita angrily and forcibly criticized that caused him to be rejected by Wise and her cohort under the organized pressure of the Zionist Lobby and its hangers-on. She caved in (Would she have similarly acted without those pressures?). The wider opposition to Salaita’s conceivable reinstatement is primarily to defend Wise, whom many respected.

And yes, there are the corporate connections.

Thanks for your continuing efforts to enlighten and criticize..

—Mort