[Peace-discuss] Wonderful interviews w/ John Le Carre: 21 books, 83+ yrs, and going strong

Jenifer Cartwright via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Tue Sep 9 19:07:30 EDT 2014

     Just saw A MOST WANTED MAN, the new film based on John Le Carre's book of the same title. There's a convoluted plot that even I could (mostly) follow, and a convincing performance by Phillip Seymour Hoffman in his final leading role.

     So then I went looking for an interview w/ Le Carre (aka David Cornwall) and found this from 2008 on the book/film's plot and theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOKZUZ4sYpM  (9 min). You might want to read the book/see the movie prior to listening to the interview.

     I also re-watched his 2010 interview on Democracy Now! -- David Cornwall is a brilliant and articulate writer and speaker and he's also a wonderful human being.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMN9VkKP2pY (49 min).
          --Jenifer