[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: [New post] On a shoestring Teachout gets 35% of the vote in NY. Good morning Rahm.

David Johnson via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Wed Sep 10 09:12:42 EDT 2014

WordPress.com
Fred Klonsky posted: "   In yesterday's New York's Democratic Party
primary election for governor Zephyr Teachout received nearly 35 percent
of the vote against the incumbent governor, Andrew Cuomo. For my
Illinois friends, Zephyr Teachout was the progressive can"

    New post on *Fred Klonsky*

<http://preaprez.wordpress.com/author/preaprez/>

    On a shoestring Teachout gets 35% of the vote in NY. Good
    morning Rahm.
    <http://preaprez.wordpress.com/2014/09/10/on-a-shoestring-teachout-gets-35-of-the-vote-in-ny-good-morning-rahm/>

by Fred Klonsky <http://preaprez.wordpress.com/author/preaprez/>

Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 6.45.54 AM
<https://preaprez.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/screen-shot-2014-09-10-at-6-45-54-am.png>

In yesterday's New York's Democratic Party primary election for governor
/Zephyr Teachout/ received nearly 35 percent of the vote against the
incumbent governor, Andrew Cuomo.

For my Illinois friends, Zephyr Teachout was the progressive candidate
in the race.

Cuomo had $40 million dollars in his campaign coffers.

Teachout spent $200,000.

She won in half the counties in the state, including Albany.

Good morning Rahm.

When the next reporter talks about the dollar advantage Rahm has against
Karen Lewis and Bob Fioretti, just yell, /"Teachout!"/

/I love that name, by the way./

It reminds me of when I got mail at school addressed to /"Art Klonsky."
/Like my name was what I did.

No Zephyr didn't win. She might have if the state's unions - who Cuomo
has treated like crap - had endorsed her. But they are like the Illinois
state unions who have no spine or willingness to create a progressive
alternative to the status quo.

But on $200,000 she received more primary votes against a sitting
governor than /anybody in the history of New York's primaries./

Good morning Rahm.

Karen Lewis is no Zephyr Teachout.

Karen has wide name recognition. /She will raise far more than
$200,000./ The union she is president of, the Chicago Teachers Union,
had the support of most Chicagoans when they went on strike against the
Mayor. The other city union members hate him.
<http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/mayor-rahm-agrees-to-new-police-contract/Content?oid=14918956>
She out-polls him.

She may not match Rahm dollar for dollar. His friends like Bruce Rauner
and union-buster Penny Pritzker will make sure of that.

Yet Karen will /raise plenty of money./

And she won't have to spend it on renting people to canvass voters.

/Good morning Rahm./

*Fred Klonsky <http://preaprez.wordpress.com/author/preaprez/>* |
September 10, 2014 at 7:09 am | Categories: Chicago Mayor's Race
<http://preaprez.wordpress.com/?cat=611542> | URL: http://wp.me/p4C3g-9Lf

Comment
<http://preaprez.wordpress.com/2014/09/10/on-a-shoestring-teachout-gets-35-of-the-vote-in-ny-good-morning-rahm/#respond>
	See all comments
<http://preaprez.wordpress.com/2014/09/10/on-a-shoestring-teachout-gets-35-of-the-vote-in-ny-good-morning-rahm/#comments>

Unsubscribe
<https://subscribe.wordpress.com/?key=987cbda083ce1091d885b7a96c301d76&email=davidjohnson1451%40comcast.net&b=Dl%3F%2F%3Fjpg%2F7%2BYDczKzfeT%3DnU51z%5DPWPn%3F.liovc2mv%2CHz4XVmN%2B>
to no longer receive posts from Fred Klonsky.

Thanks for flying with WordPress.com <http://wordpress.com>