[Peace-discuss] 9/11 Truth -Wright and Green Protest Report

Stephen Francis via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Fri Sep 12 07:22:08 EDT 2014

My single-person protest was a great success.  The response was overwhelmingly positive (75% estimate), but there was plenty of negative comments and gestures (the finger) and one truly serious physical threat (but only a threat).
The threats come from people who have lost loved ones in US predatory wars who cannot reconcile the fact that those loved ones died in vain or worse.
I was there from about 9am till 2pm (also occasionally would move to the quad) and had at least a dozen constructive conversations with students and faculty.
It seemed that every time I looked up and scanned the intersection someone was taking a cell phone pic and the 'thumbs up' and friendly honks were abundant.
I was a bit apprehensive about the whole idea, but now that I'm on the other side I'm very glad I did it ... again (as in 2013).
I believe what I experienced represented the real thoughts and beliefs of the people of CU and UofI.  I was not ignored by any stretch of the imagination and I believe I brought to the surface the belief that 9/11 Truth is a viable and energetic political movement that is not going away.