[Peace-discuss] Fwd: End endless war

David Johnson via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Wed Sep 24 18:35:53 EDT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	End endless war
Date: 	Wed, 24 Sep 2014 10:17:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: 	RootsAction Team <info at rootsaction.org>
To: 	davidjohnson1451 at comcast.net

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=QApq8r2azxQlqaLCCsN7PH%2FBJUDahtrf>

*War: End it, don't mend it.
*

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=7SHnvpP6pw2K9X8wF%2BA%2Fm3%2FBJUDahtrf>

GRAPHIC: Sign here button
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=jUc4Nex1D69DJt4b%2F1Fm1n%2FBJUDahtrf>

Share this action on Facebook
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=YTPtwy2UynzoKs8%2B%2BoxBvX%2FBJUDahtrf>

Share this action on Twitter
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=QIacSN5OF3EM%2BAkH7ASC%2Fn%2FBJUDahtrf>
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=K7rFa%2F3mtpJSv9gSeSYqyH%2FBJUDahtrf>

*The United States has launched the first attacks of a new, long-term
war in Iraq and Syria.* We need to say "no" -- loudly, strongly and
persistently -- to this new U.S. war in the Middle East.*Please join our
friends at Win Without War and write to the President and to your
members of Congress today.*
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=R1MhKGKcbPlQJ9m6HLAPGH%2FBJUDahtrf>

*Over 12 years of military intervention in Afghanistan and Iraq have
shown us that U.S. military force is not an effective means of fighting
terrorism.* Recent analyses show that U.S. airstrikes in Iraq have not
degraded ISIS, and may be increasing local support for the extremists.
The Syrian people have suffered through three years of civil war; the
last thing they need is more bombing.

*With military action underway, members of Congress, the media and the
public are under pressure to rally around our latest war.* But now, more
than ever, decision makers need to hear that war is not the answer.
*Click here to tell them that we want the U.S. to halt military action
and pursue alternatives to end the ongoing civil war in Syria.*
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=DpmT4oV2W6GY1JFVd8EfhX%2FBJUDahtrf>

*Please take action today: *

1. Join with Win Without War and contact your members of Congress and
the President
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=i3RgemJpKqTqXuI7Ec4%2Fun%2FBJUDahtrf>

2. Share this message -- on Facebook, on Twitter, and by forwarding this
email -- to encourage others to act
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=FNID6flQI0xXm99nOuLn%2FX%2FBJUDahtrf>.

*We need to stop the bombs. *We also need to tell decision makers that
there are alternative, better ways to address the threat of ISIS. You
don't put out a fire by pouring gasoline on it.

President Obama has already committed to military action, but Congress
could stop this from becoming a long-term war. Congress already
explicitly stated that its approval of U.S. aid to Syrian rebel groups
does not authorize new military strikes. And members of Congress are
voicing concerns about proposed legislation that would authorize this
new war. *Right now, Congress and the President are considering what to
do next, and they need to hear from you that bombs are not the answer.*

We look forward to working with you in the next few weeks to urge
President Obama to stop this bombing. At the same time, we'll be on
Capitol Hill pushing for Congress to reject the proposal for a new,
endless "war on terror."

Thank you for taking action for peace.

-- The RootsAction.org Team

P.S. RootsAction is an independent online force endorsed by Jim
Hightower, Barbara Ehrenreich, Cornel West, Daniel Ellsberg, Glenn
Greenwald, Naomi Klein, Bill Fletcher Jr., Laura Flanders, former U.S.
Senator James Abourezk, Coleen Rowley, Frances Fox Piven, and many others.

P.P.S. This work is only possible with your financial support. *Please
donate*
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=vMavN8P%2FM1HanboXbSQJ%2Bn%2FBJUDahtrf>.

Background:
/Defense News: /FBI Sees Increased Support for Islamic State Since US
Airstrikes
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=NhipfwCLfqlDMqLzAN7yQ3%2FBJUDahtrf>
/New York Times: /Weeks of U.S. Strikes Fail to Dislodge ISIS in Iraq
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=6kF2azWwFgx9CCOzFF6Gbn%2FBJUDahtrf>
/Stephen Miles: /What Obama Should Have Said: Alternatives to Another
War
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=1XGJQv6iytgyITUE68y8jX%2FBJUDahtrf>

*www.RootsAction.org*
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=hyuZ2tzkTPM4nN3W6nrP9n%2FBJUDahtrf>

Donate button
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2FG6hCx8ekCNA86bmhIoJp3%2FBJUDahtrf>
	Facebook button
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=fQvD6Ijhix7jU2F8Mh8%2BfH%2FBJUDahtrf>
	Twitter button
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=WR%2Bv%2F9lRd1VkRde0feHnnX%2FBJUDahtrf>

Click here
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=CiL7TWBlBPt%2FeufHY4ZiP3%2FBJUDahtrf>
to unsubscribe and stop ALL email from RootsAction.

empowered by Salsa <http://www.salsalabs.com/?email>