[Peace-discuss] Holocaust scholar cancels prestigious Illinois lecture over Steven Salaita firing

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Wed Apr 15 13:44:01 EDT 2015

I have to say that I have been impressed and even surprised by the
principled reaction of many, many Jewish liberals in academia to the
Salaita case. Cary Nelson is an outlier. Most Jewish liberals in the
academy who have spoken out seem to see it as a clear-cut free speech and
academic freedom case. Which, of course, it is.

Robert Naiman
Policy Director
Just Foreign Policy
www.justforeignpolicy.org