[Peace-discuss] update on IL anti-boycott leg.: no vote in House yet; we put up petition at MoveOn

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Mon Apr 20 18:59:52 EDT 2015

IL ACLU says there was no vote today, says it will be in committee
tomorrow, says they are tinkering with the bill to try to restrict it to
foreign companies; ACLU is dubious that this deals with the Constitutional
problems. (Also fwiw I think that passing a law that only applies to
foreign companies is WTO-illegal.)

We put up a petition at MoveOn. Hopefully, if this spreads around, more
people will find out about what is going on.

Illinois: Don't Support Israeli Annexation of the West Bank
http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/illinois-dont-support?source=c.em&r_by=1135580

===

Robert Naiman
Policy Director