[Peace-discuss] FW: Rauner

David Johnson davidjohnson1451 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 21 21:45:47 EDT 2015

From: mgriffwzef at comcast.net [mailto:mgriffwzef at comcast.net]

Decatur Herald is again refusing to print this letter as is. Many letters are routinely over 300 words but this one is one he does not want the public to see.

Mike

4-19-15

To The Editor,

Rauner’s Ascension

Among the lies Rauner has told, “I don’t hate unions” is the biggest. In a closed meeting with several lawmakers, Rauner told them if they adopted his policies, union membership will be eliminated in Illinois in four years. Earlier in Elgin IL, he called claims that he was anti-union “horse manure”. Offering only sound bites for his maniacal plans against all Illinois workers, King Rauner continues to deceive Illinois voters. Let’s not forget he campaigned on lowering the minimum wage until it proved unpopular. There is the smell of horse manure but it is coming from the Governor’s chair.

Rauner claimed our former Governor was corrupt, Illinois legislators were corrupt, unions were corrupt, trial lawyers were corrupt, the Illinois retirement system was corrupt and now he has declared the Illinois Supreme Court is corrupt. It was Rauner who illegally seized union funds. He stole union funds and only offered to release them when he faced an unfavorable ruling by one of those corrupt judges. Rauner appears to be a thief. What would happen to a union official or any Illinoisan who illegally took union funds? Rauner has risen from King Rauner to “Bruce Almighty”.

Rauner’s corruption runs deep but is being ignored by the media. As Governor, Rauner’s duty is to uphold and enforce state and federal laws including the right to belong to a union. Clearly his Oath of Office means little to Rauner. Rauner, a full blown narcissist, continues to roam the state blaming workers for the budget woes created by legislators by asking local governments to break state and federal laws. While his spokesperson denies any involvement with Protect My Paycheck, his plan to destroy unions in Illinois is following their blueprint to a T.

Protect My Paycheck [PMP] is an arm of ALEC [American Legislative Exchange Council], which is an arm of Americans For Prosperity, AKA the Koch brothers. PMP has offered free legal representation to any government body that violates labor laws. There is real front page story in the secret alliance to deny democracy to Illinois workers.

Mike Griffin

Decatur IL

217-428-6372