[Peace-discuss] FW: SOA Watch is Hiring! Join Our Team!

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 13 11:19:39 EDT 2015

Three job opportunities with the Resist the School of America's, please see below:

                        Hey Karen!

                        Hope you are doing well! I am reaching out to let you know that we are currently looking for an awesome Operations Coordinator and Organizing intern to join our SOA Watch staff! Furthermore, we are searching for a dedicated Research Consultant to work remotely to spearhead our ongoing research efforts.

                        As you can see, this is an exciting time for our movement! SOA Watch is growing, and with these new positions comes our increased capacity to resist militarism across the Americas. Will you consider making a donation to help sustain our growth? We need your help in spreading the word. If you, or someone you know, is interested in applying for any of these positions, we are accepting applications for all three positions. Please see more information about the positions below. For more information, please contact me at marialuisa at soaw.org, or by phone at 202-234-3440.

                        It would be wonderful if you could forward the job announcements widely, especially if you know of someone who would be an amazing candidate!

                        Thanks so much, and I hope to see you at the gates of Fort Benning for our annual November Vigil!

                        in solidarity,

                        María Luisa

                        SOA Watch Field Organizer

                        We are seeking a part-time Operations Coordinator to work out of the Washington, DC office. For the full job description, requirements and how to apply, click here. The application deadline is Friday, August 28.

                        We are also seeking a short-term, part-time Research Consultant. The September 2014 disappearance of 43 students from the rural teaching school in Ayotzinapa by Mexican police sparked an international outcry for justice, while also exposing the failed U.S. "drug war" policies that have resulted in the murder of over 100,000 civilians and the disappearance of over 30,000 more. Our research efforts are critical in supporting and informing our educational outreach and legislative work. For the full job description, requirements and how to apply, click here. The application deadline is Friday, August 21.

                        Last (but certainly not least), we are currently looking for an organizing intern to join our staff in Washington, DC. If you, or anyone you know, is interested in joining us to organize the largest annual anti-militarism convergence in North America, the Vigil at the gates of Ft. Benning, this November 20-22, please consider applying. We would love to begin working together immediately! For more information on how to apply, click here.

                        Women, people of color and differently-abled persons are strongly encouraged to apply.

                        SOA Watch

                        We appreciate your interest! You are subscribed to the SOA Watch list as karenaram at hotmail.com.

                        We believe that emails are a vital way for SOA Watch to stay in direct contact with supporters.

                        Click here if you'd like to unsubscribe from these messages, or change your email address.

                        The movement to close the SOA is a community, and all ideas are welcome.

                        SOA Watch, 5525 Illinois Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20011

                        To make a donation to support the movement, please visit SOAW.org/donate.

                        To make a tax deductible donation, please visit SOAW.org/educationalfund.