[Peace-discuss] "Purfication process"

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 22 12:16:07 EDT 2015

Real scandal: Chasing off Wise as chancellor
  Sat, 08/22/2015 - 7:00am | The News-Gazette  Too many story lines for we mortals in search of a "scandal." Maybe an intrepid reporter, skilled in newsroom reconstruction, can find a way.Can anyone think of a better idea than a medical/engineering college tucked away on this priceless campus, far away and independent from Chicago mayors, University of Illinois Chicago protagonists, big-city aldermen and -women whose record of 29 bribery and embezzlement convictions (through 2012) may never be broken?The culprit, I gather — improper email exchanges — is no match for Benghazi.A scandal, if you wish, may be in a departed trustee and Chicago collaborators who prefer an existing "regional" designation for this flagship enterprise and its storied Nobel prize-winning history. Or, how James Kilgore and Steven Salaita got here in the first place.If a purification process is needed, Phyllis Wise would seem a bad beginning. A better place to start? How about Indian studies?
TOM O'LAUGHLINChampaign