[Peace-discuss] 'The University and its values' = support for US war policy

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Thu Aug 27 10:52:22 EDT 2015

https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/senator-emailed-illinois-chancellor-phyllis-wise-over-salaita-firing <https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/senator-emailed-illinois-chancellor-phyllis-wise-over-salaita-firing>

The fix was in. A US Senator (surprisingly interested in a hiring matter at the state university) emails a university chancellor, about removing a critic of Israel from the faculty:

“'Phyllis, I want you to know that I totally understood the difficult decision you faced in the recent tenure [sic] dispute and never doubted that you acted in a good faith effort to serve the University and its values,' Durbin wrote.”

###