[Peace-discuss] Jewish Voice for Peace: AgainstIslamophobia.org

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 12:41:18 EST 2015

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	My Muslim neighbors
Date: 	Tue, 15 Dec 2015 12:32:34 -0500 (EST)
From: 	Rabbi Alissa Wise, JVP <info at jewishvoiceforpeace.org>
To: 	stuartnlevy at gmail.com

logo
Islamophobia is sweeping the country. Will you stand with JVP and pledge
to fight it in your community?
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=OLyIGWXpHpmCtCp6c3xTzwTBEM%2FGmJu6>

. 	<#>
PLEDGE TO FIGHT ISLAMOPHOBIA
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=HEwp7B5LymSAyORIpLybwOMySzpL8Q41>
	.
.

.

Dear Stuart,

Right-wing politicians and pundits are rushing to stir up hatred against
the Muslim community. Muslims have been assaulted in the street, abused
on public transport, and subjected to racist witch-hunts across the media.

And though this hatred is now worse than ever, Muslims, and people
perceived to be Muslim, have long been on the receiving end of systemic
racism and Islamophobia -- bigotry that runs deep throughout our society.

*Enough*. During the 8 days of Chanukah, JVP activists in 16 cities
staged actions and demonstrations against Islamophobia and racism. In
the streets, and in our communities, we chose hope. We chose love. We
chose justice.

We need you, Stuart, to send a message to the bigots and Islamophobes.
There’s no place for hatred our community, and this is the time to say so.

_*

Stand with our Muslim brothers and sisters, and with over 6,000 JVP
activists across the U.S. -- pledge to fight Islamophobia at
AgainstIslamophobia.org

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=9geWJDKNEkXiyZhPVmYyUQTBEM%2FGmJu6>*_

This week in Springfield, MA over 100 people attended a rally against
racism organized by JVP Western Massachusetts. In New York, over 125
gathered in front of the Trump Tower. In Miami, Washington DC, Atlanta,
Providence, Syracuse, Columbus, Portland OR, Durham, Seattle, Chicago,
Ithaca, Denver, New Haven, and Albany, JVP members have been bringing
our voice -- your voice -- to the streets.

*And we’ve been making some headlines of our own.*Our actions against
Islamophobia have been covered by _Salon_
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=xRaRXYPDF4wddMtlcqVT9eMySzpL8Q41> and
_Huffington Post_
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=TjEodIED9E0wY%2B9Fc02qBgTBEM%2FGmJu6>,
not to mention dozens of local and regional TV stations and newspapers.

Chanukah is over, but we’re not slowing down. We’re spreading the word
and redoubling our commitment to make our streets safe for our Muslim
neighbors.

Our rallying cry: *Stop Profiling Muslims*. (You can download posters
and buy at-cost Stop Profiling Muslims apparel like t-shirts and buttons
at _AgainstIslamophobia.org_
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=CMW8sDRYVgYGgGNPljMheQTBEM%2FGmJu6>).
And starting next week we’ll be organizing a new wave of events in
communities across the country to help amplify our message of solidarity.

Working together with our allies and partners, our Network Against
Islamophobia will carry on moving forward.

Here's what we’re pledging to do:

  * *Talk to our Muslim neighbors and colleagues*, and let them know
    that we stand with them and will continue to do so.
  * *Speak up and speak out*, anytime we hear someone using hateful
    language—whether in a restaurant, on a bus, at school or on the street.
  * *Engage our friends and our kids*, and make it clear that our
    community rejects Islamophobia.
  * *Be as visible as we can*in our opposition to Islamophobia.

_*

I pledge do whatever I can to fight Islamophobia, and if you will too,
add your name: Against Islamophobia.org

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=6n3CvNwTZVM9fP912d3YzQTBEM%2FGmJu6>*_

Thank you for speaking out against hatred. Thank you for standing with
our Muslim brothers and sisters.

Thank you for being a voice for peace.

Rabbi Alissa

Rabbi Alissa Wise
Co-Director of Organizing

Jewish Voice for Peace is a national membership organization inspired by
Jewish tradition to work for the freedom, equality, and dignity of all
the people of Israel and Palestine. Become a JVP Member today
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=a%2B9VYZJjK1Skn%2FL%2B8qFDdeMySzpL8Q41>.

  * Donate
    <http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=4QWbYxpOhIGpp1lGOD%2BtreIUVlU%2BeQ7%2F>
  * Facebook
    <http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=elElLw0TyHGzdZv5%2BqE6KQTBEM%2FGmJu6>
  * Twitter
    <http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=CMW8sDRYVgblbrQJBHBuhATBEM%2FGmJu6>
  * Forward to a friend
    <mailto:Enter+email+address+here?subject=FWD%3A+Check+This+Out&body=I+thought+you+might+be+interested+in+this+message+https%3A%2F%2Fhq-org.salsalabs.com%2FblastContent.jsp%3Femail_blast_KEY%3D1335313>

www.Jewishvoiceforpeace.org
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8HauA%2FRP40Tf9kggTKO7VwTBEM%2FGmJu6>

1611 Telegraph Ave. Suite 1020 Oakland, CA 94612

(510) 465 1777

This email was sent to stuartnlevy at gmail.com
We use email to build our grassroots power - don't hesitate
to share your feedback and campaign suggestions <mailto:info at jvp.org>.

You can update your subscription options
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=qm4sRAQZbLpGUtKMagJ%2B4ATBEM%2FGmJu6>
or unsubscribe
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=yxtmxyBL%2BFAKzcMeM15llATBEM%2FGmJu6>
anytime.