[Peace-discuss] Draft flyer for AWARE demo Sat. 2 Jan. 2016, 2-4pm, Main & Neil, Champaign

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Tue Dec 29 14:39:19 EST 2015

		A.W.A.R.E.
The Anti-War Anti-Racism Effort of Champaign-Urbana

The U.S. government is waging illegal wars around the world
and secretly twisting the international economy via ‘trade pacts’
like the TPP for the benefit of less than 1% of the U.S. population.

Join our demonstration the first Saturday of every month,
at the intersection of Church and Neil in Champaign, 2-4pm.

Meet with us on Saturdays at the indoor market at Lincoln Square
in Urbana for books, bumper stickers, literature, and conversation.

Watch our weekly Urbana Public Television (channel 6) program
“AWARE on the Air” (also on YouTube) or join us at noon Tuesdays
in the Urbana City Council Chambers for the live unrehearsed recordings.

We meet Sundays at 5pm at Cafeteria & Company, 208 W. Main, Urbana.
New members welcome: for information write us at <aware at anti-war.net <mailto:aware at anti-war.net>>
***

President Obama is making war in eight countries;
he is sending U.S. ‘special forces’ into more than 3/4 of the
countries around the world; he has assassinated thousands
by drone - the most extreme terrorist campaign of modern
times; and he is provoking war with Russia and China.

Contact the president (202-456-1111) and our representatives in Congress (202-224-3121):
tell them to end the wars and drone attacks, cut military spending by at least half, bring the
troops home, and close the US military’s 1,000 foreign bases; stop US support for - and
arms sales to - human rights abusers like Israel, and lead on global nuclear disarmament.

President Barack Obama - <http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/submit-questions-and-comments>
Senator Dick Durbin - <http://www.durbin.senate.gov/contact/email>
Senator Mark Kirk - <http://www.kirk.senate.gov/?p=comment_on_legislation>
Representative Rodney Davis - <https://rodneydavis.house.gov/contact/email-me>

[verso]
AWARE ~ The Anti-War Anti-Racism Effort of Champaign-Urbana ~ 2 January 2016

STOPPING THE U.S. GOVERNMENT’S WARS

"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it ...
Obama's drone program is the most extreme terrorist campaign of modern times." --Noam Chomsky
“You can't bomb terrorism out of existence. Terrorism survives war.” --Phyllis Bennis

To: Editor, Champaign-Urbana News Gazette
From: AWARE, the Anti-War Anti-Racism Effort of Champaign-Urbana

	For 14 years the Bush-Obama administrations have been killing people in the Mideast.
They say they are fighting terrorism, but they are in fact creating terrorists in response
to US military control over Mideast energy resources, which benefits only
the world-wide economic control of the American 1%.
The US doesn’t need oil from the Mideast, but Mideast gas and oil are needed
by America’s economic competitors in Europe and Asia, and so control over them
 gives the US government a major advantage over China, Germany, and other countries.

	President Obama has attacked eight countries (two more than President Bush),
and his ongoing drone campaign (the NY Times says he chooses the targets himself)
has already killed more than 6,000 people, including US citizens and hundreds of children.
He directs a private presidential army (‘special operations forces’) of more than 70,000,
active in more than 3/4 of the countries in the world. Their activities include kidnapping
(‘rendition’), torture and murder.

	We must demand of Obama and his successor (probably Clinton), that he

(1) end his drone killings;

(2) bring all US troops (and mercenaries) home;

(3) close the 1,000 foreign US bases in the Mideast and elsewhere
(no other country has more than twelve);

(4) end the provocations of Russia (in Ukraine) and China (in the South China Sea);

(5) end support for Israel's apartheid policies; and

(6) support negotiations among the US, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey,
Syria, Iraq, and the Kurds to end the Syrian and Iraqi civil wars.

***
“‘Turns out I'm really good at killing people,’ Obama said quietly.
‘Didn't know that was gonna be a strong suit of mine.’”

###